The Dartmoor Way FULL CIRCLE 100 starts at Midday on Friday 13th November 2020 from the River Dart Country Park, Ashburton and competitors have a maximum of 36 hours to complete the race (midnight Saturday 14th November is the final finish time).
The event will be fully supported. Food and drink will be available at 7 indoor checkpoints on route. At registration you will be given your race number and gps tracker. You will also be able to hand in a drop bag to be transported to Belstone checkpoint (41 miles). You must make sure your name and bib number are clearly written on the bag. Only small bags of 10 litre capacity will be allowed. Bags will be transported back to the Event Centre for your collection at the finish.
Dartmoor Way GRANITE 50 starts from Lydford on the western side of the Moor at 8am on Saturday 14th November. There is a 16 hour time limit on the race with a cut-off at 5pm at Cornwood.
The event will be fully supported with 3 checkpoints.
Friday 13th November
- Arrive at the River Dart Country Park from 7.30am.
- Showers and toilet facilities are available on site.
- free car parking when accommodation booked
- Bar and meals available to purchase all weekend at the event centre.
- 8.15-11.15am registration for Dartmoor Way 100 competitors. Bib numbers and GPS trackers allocated.
- Mandatory kit check on arrival at registration.
- 11.30am compulsory race briefing.
- Midday start of the Dartmoor Way 100.
- 6.00-9.00pm registration and kit check for the Dartmoor Way 50.
Saturday 14th November
- 5.30-6.00am emergency registration for Dartmoor Way 50.
- 6.15am bus transfer to race start at Lydford.
- 7.45am race briefing for Dartmoor Way 50 at Lydford Village Hall
- 8.00am start of the Dartmoor Way 50.
What you will collect at Registration
- Race (bib) number and pins.
- GPS tracker (attached to backpack)
- Waterproof map with DW100 and DW50 route marked.
- Tracker to record arrival at checkpoints.
- DW100 ‘Full Circle’ DW ‘Granite 50’ technical Race t-shirt.
What you need to bring to Registration
- Everyone needs to visit Registration!
- A reliable form of ID. Passport or Driving License is preferable.
- Emergency contact details.
- Full race kit, as specified below:
Compulsory Race Kit
- Backpack to carry all necessary items:
- Full waterproof body cover, to include waterproof jacket and over-trousers both with taped seams. Windproof jackets are not acceptable.
- Spare long sleeve base layer to be carried in case of emergency, stored in a watertight bag. Not to be worn during the event.
- Emergency foil blanket.
- Warm hat or buff.
- Capacity to carry a minimum of 1 litre of fluid either in bottles or bladder.
- Emergency food minimum 500 calories.
- Map (supplied).
- Compass (and the ability to use it).
- Plastic cup.
- Mobile phone
* Race kit will be inspected at Registration – for both races*
* Anyone failing to produce the required kit will not be allowed to run *